Idiomatic puns
Anita
2006-11-29 00:48:30 UTC
Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.

A backward poet writes inverse.

A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.

Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.

Practise safe eating - always use condiments.

Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.

A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy.

A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

Dancing cheek-to-cheek is really a form of floor play.

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.

When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.

A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two tired.

What's the definition of a will? (It's a dead giveaway.)

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes.

She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke it off.

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.

With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.

The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.

You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.

He often broke into song because he couldn't find the key.

Every calendar's days are numbered.

A lot of money is tainted - It taint yours and it taint mine.

A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.

He had a photographic memory that was never developed.

A plateau is a high form of flattery.

A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at
large.

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

Once you've seen one shopping centre, you've seen a mall.

Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis.

Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.

Acupuncture is a jab well done.
--
Anita
Smile for me :)

Skype: ronita440
jackie
2006-11-29 07:02:52 UTC
Post by Anita
Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.
A backward poet writes inverse.
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
<snips>

Some good ones there Anita, woke me up this morning.
Still dark out there but it is drying-up.
--
Jackie
o0o0o
Frogman
2006-11-29 08:31:18 UTC
Post by Anita
Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.
A backward poet writes inverse.
<BIG snip>

lol nice ones :-)
--
Regards,
Frogman, http://www.frogman.org.uk for free downloads and more...

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film!
jackie
2006-11-29 08:36:15 UTC
Post by Frogman
Post by Anita
Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.
A backward poet writes inverse.
<BIG snip>
lol nice ones :-)
Good morning Froggie - Breakfast is ready - help yourself!
--
Jackie
o0o0o
Frogman
2006-11-29 08:40:07 UTC
Post by jackie
Good morning Froggie - Breakfast is ready - help yourself!
Oh heck, looks like we have Two lots of brekkie today, I didn't see you
in the kitchen while I was preparing my lot where were you hiding? ;-)

Those who think they know everything, annoy those of us that do.
Bri.
2006-11-29 08:42:45 UTC
Post by Frogman
Oh heck, looks like we have Two lots of brekkie today, I didn't see
you in the kitchen while I was preparing my lot where were you
hiding? ;-)
Too many cooks!
*That* makes a change in here ;-)
Bri.
Frogman
2006-11-29 08:45:53 UTC
Post by Bri.
Too many cooks!
*That* makes a change in here ;-)
Too many anything is unusual in here lately Bri ;-)

I am nobody... nobody is perfect... I must be perfect then..
jackie
2006-11-29 08:47:48 UTC
Post by Frogman
Post by jackie
Good morning Froggie - Breakfast is ready - help yourself!
Oh heck, looks like we have Two lots of brekkie today, I didn't see
you in the kitchen while I was preparing my lot where were you
hiding? ;-)
I must have been in the larder sorting things out - I am very quiet you
know!!!
I am sure it will all get eaten!
--
Jackie
o0o0o
JoeH
2006-11-29 09:01:07 UTC
Post by Frogman
Post by jackie
Good morning Froggie - Breakfast is ready - help yourself!
Oh heck, looks like we have Two lots of brekkie today, I didn't see you
in the kitchen while I was preparing my lot where were you hiding? ;-)
Just as well I've got a day off to help you consume them then, thanks guys.
;-)
--
JoeH
Come and meet us in Leeds *9th December 2006*
http://www.harrison2461.plus.com/Leeds2006/leeds2006.htm
Bri.
2006-11-29 08:44:12 UTC
Post by jackie
Good morning Froggie - Breakfast is ready - help yourself!
Morning Jackie, another brekkie is always welcome ;-)
Bri.
jackie
2006-11-29 08:48:29 UTC
Post by Bri.
Post by jackie
Good morning Froggie - Breakfast is ready - help yourself!
Morning Jackie, another brekkie is always welcome ;-)
Have to keep our strength-up you know!! <bg>
--
Jackie
o0o0o
Bri.
2006-11-29 08:46:00 UTC
Post by Anita
Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.
Good ones, Anita, thanks.
Bri.
Foxy at w*rk
2006-11-29 09:28:08 UTC
"Anita" <***@cheerful.com> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
snip

Nice ones Anita Ta

Jen
The Joker
2006-11-29 20:16:31 UTC
Anita suggested
Post by Anita
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
House flies like a brick.
Watch flies like a hawk.
Time flies with a stopwatch.

Do Time Flies come from Gallifrey (Dr. Who's home planet)?